Oculoplasty or Ocular Plastic surgery is the clinical services provided to treat the following conditions. Almost all the surgeries are extra ocular and do not involve inside of the eye. The following conditions are treated by Oculoplasty surgeries.
- Socket Problems / Orbit.
- Tear Drainage Problems / Sac problems .
- Eyelid Malposition/ Ptosis.
- Skin cancers of the eye lid.
- Eye brow problems.
When to see a Doctor?
Oculoplasty problems do not cause any visual disturbances, however you must see a Doctor when you have any of the following symptoms.
- Blinking of eyes more than necessary.
- Eyelids Hanging Downwards (Ptosis).
- Twitching of eyes.
- Wrinkles, scars or folds around the eyes.
- Eyelids tearing in or out (Entropion/Ectropion).
- Blocked Tear Ducts (NLD Block).
- Tumors growing inside or surrounding the eye.
- Bulging of Eyes.
- Tumors etc.
Most of the surgeries will be done under anesthesia. Refracto eye hospitals has specialized Operation Rooms for all Oculoplasty surgeries. Do visit any of our Hospitals for more information.